Should you have any questions, complaints or queries with regards to how we use your information, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
and we will do our best to answer/resolve it in the shortest possible time.
You can also get in touch with the German Data Protection Authority of North-Rhine Westfalia (where EBBD e.V. is registered – Landesbeauftragter für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen) at firstname.lastname@example.org or German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Bundesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit – ‘BfDI’) at email@example.com
Who we are
EBBD is a non-profit association that has the purpose of promoting education by establishing, implementing and advancing the concept of the European Business Baccalaureate Diploma. It is implemented by the Association through attracting partners in particular schools and school administrations in as many European countries as possible. The Association is responsible of public relations and information on the European Business Baccalaureate Diploma. The Association also defines the elements of the European Baccalaureate Diploma and develops procedures to assure standards. It is the body to specify the form of certification and its procedure. The Association enables the exchange of experiences between members. All in all the Association ensures the sustainability and evaluates of the development process of the diploma.
This Privacy Notice mainly covers the collection and processing of personal data of members of EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) and their staff, of contractual partners, of people who have expressed an interest in EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) and its activities (e.g. subscribers to newsletters or those registering to events we organise or co-organise), as well as people that EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) engages with, in the framework of its purpose and activities.
Information we collect and how we use i
a) If you visit us through EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) website available at https://ebbd.eu (“Site”) or contact our staff members directly.
- We may collect your personal data when you contact us with individual questions via the form to be accessed on our Site or by contacting our staff directly through the email addresses provided on our Site.
- We may collect your personal data when you contact us for the registration of EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) multiplier events, including our Annual Conference, Annual General Assembly of the association and other events related to the work of EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma).
- We may collect and store statistics (including users’ IP addresses and website activity) on the use of the EBBD website. This information is for internal use by staff of the EBBD Board and, in some cases, by its Board and external funders (the European Commission).
- Personal data relevant to human resources (staff and applicants) is covered by specific internal rules in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) does NOT collect, process, store or use personal data from individuals aged less than 16 years.
b) If you are an external stakeholder seeking information about EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) and our activities
- We may collect your name and contact information, including but not limited to name, job title, business address, email address and telephone number following the exchange of business cards or when you request orally or in writing to be added to our mailing list.
- We may use your details to contact you about EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) activities, programs and events and to organize such activities, programs and events.
- EBBD has separate mailing lists for members, affiliates, partners, the EBBD newsletter, and EBBD events. Mailing lists for members, affiliates, and partners include the contact details (name, email address, and position) of each organization’s relevant personnel. These lists are stored and managed by the EBBD e.V. Secretary and are used to send information that is targeted to EBBD members, affiliates, and/or partners. The mailing lists for EBBD’s newsletter and events contain at least the name and email address of each subscriber. Subscribers of the EBBD newsletter and events mailing lists, when subscribing, may opt to include additional information such as their organization and position therein. Subscribers of the newsletter and events mailing lists have the right and possibility to unsubscribe from the mailing lists through an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, users can email the EBBD Secretary at:
To be removed from the lists. The newsletter and events mailing lists are stored and updated via Mein.Verein.de and used for those wishing to receive the EBBD newsletter, and for those wishing to be informed of upcoming EBBD events, respectively
c) If you register as a member of EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma).
- We collect personal data – such as name, email address, business address, job title, phone number, user name, and password – from you if you are a representative of a EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) member when registering to the EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) website, in the accreditation tool or work platform (Bascamp3) for accredited colleges. We use this information to create the invoices for the membership fees, to send you association information and to provide you with access to the EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) website, the accreditation tool or work platform (Bascamp3).
- We may also use your details to contact you about EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) activities, programmes and events and to organise such activities, programmes and events.
d) If you register for an event organized by EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma).
- EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) collects and stores information concerning the participants of its events, including – where relevant – the participant’s name, nationality, organization, position, invoice address, email, phone number, fax number, VAT number, dietary information, IP address, and login information. This information is for internal use by staff of the EBBD Board and the co-organizers of its events.
e) If you participate in a research organized by EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma)
- EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) collects and stores information from participants engaging in survey research. This information includes – where relevant – the respondent’s name, organization, position, email, phone number, IP address, and other free-form responses entered willingly by the respondent. This information is for internal use by staff of the EBBD Board and, in some cases, by external funders (the European Commission). Information provided by survey respondents for use in EBBD’s research is reported anonymously unless indicated and agreed otherwise.
EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) collects and stores statistics (including users’ IP addresses and website activity) on the use of the EBBD website. This information is for internal use by staff of the EBBD Board and, in some cases, by its Board and external funders (the European Commission).
EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) collects and stores information (including the name, address, and banking details) of individuals and organisations with whom it conducts financial transactions. This information is accessible only by staff of the EBBD Board and its authorised personnel.
Any information transmitted by email to and from staff of the EBBD Board will be stored on the EBBD e.V. secured email server, accessible only by staff of the EBBD Board and its authorised personnel.
Your personal information is required to provide services to you. If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you. But we will always ask your legal consent to proceed with the previous mention actions.
How we disclose your information
- We may share your Personal Data within EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) to which it is reasonably necessary or desirable for us to disclose your Personal Data in order to carry out the above-mentioned purposes.
- Any of the above-mentioned data will not be transferred or shared with any unrelated third parties. Only authorised individuals have access to information collected and stored by EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma).
- We may preserve and disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your Personal Data that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
Links to other websites
The Site contains links to third-party websites which are not managed by EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma). Any Personal Data you provide on third-party websites is subject to those third-parties’ privacy policies. We are not responsible for the practices and policies of such third-party websites.
How do we keep your data safe?
We take all measures necessary – organizational and technical – to make sure your data remains protected against data breaches (e.g. unauthorised access, alterations or disclosures; unlawful or accidental destruction or loss).
EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) staff is made aware of the importance of data protection and is trained to follow the appropriate steps to respect privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal data.
What happens in the case of a data breach?
In the case of a data breach we will use all technical and organizational means available to contain and eliminate the breach. We apply the latest technological standards (e.g. firewall, encryption, etc.) to make sure the risk of breaches is minimised.
If we become aware that such breach might imply a high risk to the rights and freedoms of persons involved, we will communicate the personal data breach to the people concerned as soon as possible via email or any other means available.
How long do we retain your personal data?
EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) keeps your data for as long as your relationship with EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) persists (e.g. if you are a member, a contractual party or a newsletter subscriber). In the case of attending to an event organised by EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) your personal date will be deleted 12 months following the end of the event. This is without prejudice to specific limitation periods foreseen by law allowing to conserve personal data for longer periods of time.
If you would like to update the Personal Data provided when registering as a participant on the Site, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and have the Personal Data blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You also may have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data and withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time. The right to access Personal Information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. Please note that you may not be able to benefit from all features of the Site if you request the deletion of your Personal Data, object or withdraw your consent to the processing your Personal Data.
You may unsubscribe from our communications via the means provided in the communications we send or by contacting us as indicated below.
If you would like to exercise your rights or withdraw your consent, please contact us by the means provided at the conclusion of this Policy.
Find out how your personal data is protected, the rights that help you take back control of your data and what to do if things go wrong. for more information. Read more
This privacy notice was published on 05.03.2020. We may make periodic changes to this privacy notice. When we do we will inform you via our website and email, respectively. All changes will be effective from that date. However, in the event that any modifications to this privacy notice materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and, where required by applicable law or as we otherwise deem appropriate, to obtain your consent.
How to contact us
EBBD e.V. (European Business Baccalaureate Diploma) is the entity responsible for Personal Data collected on the Site. If you would like to exercise your rights or if you have questions regarding the Personal Data we collect, you can send us an email email@example.com or write to us at:
EBBD e.V. Business Office Ute Pentke
c/o BBS Wirtschaft 1 Ludwigshafen
Mundenheimer Str. 220
All texts, layouts, designs, photos, films, videos, graphics and elements of any kind on EBBD e.V.’s website(s) are protected by copyright ©. The publications, documents and information on our site(s) may be reproduced, described and made available to the public for non-commercial purposes, provided that the source is specified.